DOUGH SEASONAL ORNAMENTS
By Major Nancy Helms
College For Officer Training
Salt dough recipe supplies
- 2 cups of plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water (you may need less)
Directions for making dough
Making salt dough is so easy! Just follow the 4 easy steps below to create the best salt dough recipe.
- Mix 2 cups of plain flour and 1 cup of salt together in a large bowl
- Add 1 cup of water. Add it in slowly as you may need less.
- Knead the mixture into a dough.
- Get creating!
Supplies for decorating ornaments
- Acrylic paint
- Baking sheet
- String or twine to hang ornament
- Mod Podge or a clear glaze spray
- Paint brushes
- Glue and glitter if you want to get fancy
Directions for making ornaments
- Roll out dough (about ½ cm thick)
- Use Easter (or Christmas) cookie cutters to cut out ornament – or if you are artsy, form your own.
- Place cut out ornament on a non-stick baking sheet
- Use a straw to make a whole in the top of ornament for hanging
- When ornaments are completely dry you can paint them
- Seal with Mod Podge or a clear glaze spray
Note: Also on our website is DON’T FORGET THE BREAD Bible Study and FRUIT, BREAD & OPEN EYES devotional that coordinates with this craft.