January 2023 Craft: Finding Your Peace Painting
By Captain Jan Pemberton
Divisional Women’s Ministries Secretary – Cascade Division
When we are looking for peace or a break from the ordinary in our lives, we often gravitate to a hobby that gives us peace and lets us disconnect from the stresses of the world in which we live in. Some of us love the great outdoors, enjoying activities such as hiking, biking, and fishing, and some of us enjoy the outdoors in other ways, such as watching nature from the comfort of our homes or campsites. However, not everyone is cut out for the great outdoors, some due to mobility, health, and such. When those of us who are not outdoorsy look for something to give us peace, we turn to other activities such as playing an instrument, coin and stamp collecting, sewing, embordering, and painting.
Today we are going to explore the world of painting. Remember, we don’t have to be Rembrandt, Van Gogh, or any other famous painter to enjoy our hobby. All we need are some simple tools, inspiration, and time.
Below are instructions to paint a simple background with your favorite memory verse or inspirational quote.
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint brushes
- Primed Canvas
- Paint Markers, if desired
- Ruler or stencil
- Paint remover for brushes
- Table covering
- Paint the entire canvas with desired background color
2. Draw the intended image for the background and paint the image with desired colors.
3. Add your favorite scripture verse or inspirational quote.
4. Have fun with this craft. Make it your own and put your personal spin on this project. Remember, no matter your interests, allow God to use them for His glory and use the talents He has given you.
Download printable craft directions