Unique Marble Mugs
By Cadet Katherine Hernandez
CFOT – Messengers of the Kingdom Session
Each design is different yet uniquely beautiful.
- Coffee mugs (other ceramic or glass items also work)
- Nail polish, many different colors
- Large, disposable plastic container that you don’t mind getting messy
- Paper towel
- Nail polish remover (hopefully you won’t need it, but just in case)
- Mod Podge, if you want for the mugs to be dishwasher safe
Instructions on Making the Marble Mugs
- First, fill your container with warm water.
- Pour your nail polish into the water. Hold the nail polish bottle close to the water, otherwise the drops will fall to the bottom instead of resting on the surface. Instead of doing drops, I did swirly lines of nail polish, covering the whole surface of the water with gaps in between the lines.
- Once the nail polish is on the water, you’ll need to work quickly.
- Dip your mug into the polish. Try not to get any of the nail polish on the place where the drinker would put their mouth. Make sure that the mug has been covered with the nail polish before it is pulled out.
- Take your mug out of the water.
- Turn your mugs upside down on a paper towel to dry.
- Let mugs dry for about 1 hour
- Once the Mugs are dry you can apply Mod Podge to them, this is so the mugs can become dishwasher safe.
Note: Also on our website is EMBRACE YOUR UNIQUENESS devotional as well as a UNIQUELY YOU! Bible study that coordinates with this craft.