The Best Time for New Beginnings: DIY Puzzle Piece Wall Décor
By Margaret Grieco
Territorial Women’s Ministries Department
- Tree Graphic (or if you feel really artistic you can draw your own tree trunk)
- Colored Pencils
- Mini Puzzle (choose a puzzle for the colors to represent the season of the tree you would like to make; the sample used fall colors)
- Tacky Glue
- Picture Frame (size based on your printout)
- Start with a 16×20 canvas (or smaller) and either paint a tree trunk with branches or print out a tree from the website. White or cream card stock works as well if you would like a smaller canvas.
- You can purchase an inexpensive puzzle online or in the store (link below). One large puzzle can be used for multiple trees!
- Use a clear tacky glue to adhere random puzzle pieces in between the branches, avoiding the edge pieces (avoid straight lines). You can also cut a few of the pieces to get them to fit how you want them.
- You can add a little green grass with a colored pencil and then find an inexpensive frame and hang your beautiful new creation!
“Behold, I am doing something new; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” ~ Isaiah 43:19
Download the PRINTABLE VERSION of this craft.
Note: Also on our website is PIECES OF A NEW YEAR Bible Study and LIFE IS LIKE A PUZZLE devotional and goes along with this craft.