Submitted by the Intermountain Division
This craft is incredibly versatile in that it can be adapted for any age and as simple or complex as you would like it to be and adapted to fit any budget.
Some variations include Cardstock with sticker shapes for the Wise Men, Felt and felt pieces, instead of shell for older groups use a piece of stained wood.
- Half of a large, scalloped seashell (purchase on Amazon or from a local hobby store)
- Decorative small seashells (purchase on Amazon or from a local hobby story)
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- 2-inch-think Twine to hang ornament; cut into 5-inch lengths.
- Strips of fabric or ribbon
- Materials for floor such as sand, twine, branches, etc.
- Foam or bead star
Step 1: Wipe out large seashell with water and dry thoroughly.
Step 2: Select and sort into groups for Wise Men which small shells you would like to use.
Step 3: Glue down flooring. This can be glitter glue, sand, yarn, etc. I dried corn husks.
Step 4: Glue down Wise Men. Make sure to loop ribbon, fabric etc. around the body before gluing the head and crown. This can be any color or type that you want.
Step 5: Glue down presents. These can be small boxes like I used, square pieces of other material, etc.
Step 6: Glue star to the top of the shell.
Step 7: Wrap twine three times around to create a stronger loop. Put a dab of glue on the side that is being glued to the- shell to hold the pieces together.
Step 8: Glue twine to the back of the shell. To hide the glue on the back of the ornament, choose another shell to place over the area where the twin is affixed.
Allow craft to dry flat for at least 24 hours.
Download printable directions of this craft.