The Salvation Army USA Western Territory
- Each member should be encouraged to contribute financially to Women’s Ministries.
- Any WM group may establish a custodial account where money is directly deposited into the corps financial books.
- All money received must be counted and checked by two unrelated, responsible persons, then handled according to territorial policy.
- Any financial grant made to the corps funds from any WM group fund must be done in full consultation with the local officers/lay leaders of the WM group. Any transaction must be done with the consent of the officer/corps administrator and with the endorsement of the Divisional Director of Women’s Ministries.
- A brief financial report should be given monthly or quarterly to each group that has an account.
- An up-to-date inventory of equipment should be kept. These items are WM property and may not be borrowed without permission.
- Every WM group is to participate in two annual projects: Territorial and Divisional.
The corps officer/officer-in-charge/corps administrator and leaders of the Women’s Ministries Groups(s) are together responsible to ensure that accounting for group finances is carried out in accordance with Salvation Army policy.