https://usw-womensministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/November-craft-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 Beth Desplancke https://usw-womensministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/uswLogo-300x75-300x75.png Beth Desplancke2021-10-22 09:41:002021-10-22 09:41:47November 2021 Craft: Edible Thanksgiving Turkeys
November 2021 Craft: Edible Thanksgiving Turkeys
Submitted by the Southwest Division
1 cup of chocolate chips or premade chocolate frosting
30 candy corn candies
6 chocolate sandwich cookies
6 mini peanut butter cups
6 malt balls
1 cup of red frosting
6 chocolate sandwich cookies with top cookies removed
Red frosting in a piping bag
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium stainless steel or glass bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Or to make your life easier, simply use premade chocolate frosting.
- For each turkey, push 5 candy corn candies, tip side down, into the cream filling of a chocolate sandwich cookie to make the feathers for the turkey. Lay the cookie on a work surface.
- Dip the flat, larger end of a peanut butter cup in the melted chocolate allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place malt ball above the peanut butter cup to make a head of the turkey.
- Dip the flat end of the white candy corn tip into the chocolate. Place on a malt ball, to make the turkey beak. Refrigerate until the chocolate has set, about 10 minutes.
- Place the red frosting in a piping bag. Using scissors, cut a small opening in the end of the popping bag. Pipe a small piece of frosting under the malt ball to make the turkey beard.
- Place a cookie (with top half removed) on a platter. Stand the turkey upright into the cream filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Note: Check out this month’s Bible Study, 10 Reasons to Praise the Lord, and this month’s devotional, The PERFECT Thanksgiving, which coordinate with this craft.