https://usw-womensministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/June-craft.png 639 480 Beth Desplancke https://usw-womensministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/uswLogo-300x75-300x75.png Beth Desplancke2022-06-15 14:27:002022-06-15 14:28:02July 2022 Craft: Suncatchers
By Becky Luke
By Becky Luke
Corps Program Coordinator
Ray & Joan Kroc Center, HI – Hawaiian & Pacific Islands Division
- Coloring pages printed on basic white printer paper. Picture needs to fit in the mason jar lid. If your coloring pages are too large for the mason jar lid, custom print at a lower percentage.
- Mason jar lids (wide or regular mouth)
- Any type of oil – this is the element to make your coloring page translucent
- Cotton balls
- Twine or Ribbon
- Glue – Tacky Glue
- Paper towel – to protect work area and absorb excess oil
- Color your coloring page using watercolor paints, markers or any other material you choose.
- Once colored, use a cotton ball to apply oil to your art. Make sure to cover all the paper. You don’t have to drench the paper, just cover completely. Dab excess oil up with a paper towel or tissue and allow to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Using the mason jar lid, trace a circle around the art and then cut the circle, inside the line so the art fits inside the mason lid.
- Apply a little bit of glue inside the lid and place the art in the lid, art side facing outward.
- Wrap twine around the lid, tie a knot to hold in place. Leave at least 4″ of twice and tie a knot at the top so you can hang your sun catcher.
Download printable instructions of this craft.