April 2022 Craft: Resurrection Garden
By Lt. Faith Hartt
Klawock, AK Corps – Alaska Division
As Easter approaches my thoughts wander to the garden that early Sunday morning when Mary Magdalene was overjoyed to see her risen Savior. What better way to draw emphasis to Christ’s redemption for believers than a mini model garden scene of the resurrection?
⦁ Large bowl or pot
⦁ Flowers and plants (real or artificial)
⦁ Potting soil (if using real plants)
⦁ Small pot or cup
⦁ Small decorative rocks
⦁ Large stone
- Begin preparing your Resurrection Garden by placing rocks and soil in the bottom of the bowl or container that will hold your garden.
2. Take the small pot and place sideways in the bowl in the location you want for the “tomb.” You can glue rocks on the rim of the cup if you like.
3. Place rocks on either side of the “tomb” so the pot doesn’t roll back and forth while you decorate. With your leftover decorative rocks you can make a tiny stone path.
4. Arrange the plants and lay out the moss over the top and sides of the tomb.
5. Lastly, place the cross on your mini version of Mt. Calvary behind the tomb. Then take the large stone and put it next to the entrance.
Enjoy your Resurrection Garden! I hope that every time you look at it that you would be filled with the strength and hope that comes from knowing that our Lord Jesus conquered death. He is alive forever and ever, Amen!
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3 ESV
Download printable instructions of this craft: